The PSG Tech Alumni Foundation, a long felt need for a financial arm of PSG Tech Alumni Association, was registered on 19th October 2016 as a not profit Trust under the laws of the State of Tamil Nadu.
The Foundation was established to provide an avenue through which alumni and well – wishers of the PSG College of Technology and PSG Polytechnic College (PSG Tech) may contribute financially to PSG Tech Alumni Association in the form of gifts, grants, and bequests to benefit present and future students by providing scholarship assistance and the funding of special projects like PSG – GRD Science & Technology Museum and Research Centre.
The Foundation’s purpose is to receive gifts for the College/Alumni Association and to hold these contributed funds in perpetual endowment. Only the accrued interest and/or income from the funds is expended unless otherwise designated.
The Foundation is managed at present by Board of Trustees comprising six senior alumni and three ex-officio Trustees (The Managing Trustee of PSG Institutions, The Principal of PSG College of Technology and The President of the PSG Tech Alumni Association). The Board is empowered to nominate six more Trustees from among the Alumni of PSG Tech. The Board provides direction for the major functions necessary to carry out the mission of the Foundation.
- Awards of Scholarships to the needy and deserving students.
- Setting up and Managing PSG –GRD Science and Technology Research Centre at Neelambur Campus
- Any other activity to support PSG Tech to achieve excellence in education and research like fellowship to faculty and students to attend conference /undergo training programs in India and abroad, financial help to setup centers of excellence or new programs, to support a new or established academic or athelitic scholarship, cultural and artistic events on our campus, or to manage funds for special projects provided to PSG Tech by well-wishers for specific purpose.
a. Promote giving
b. Management and Investment of funds, and
c. Allocation of funds.
The Trust will conduct itself with integrity, will make every effort to garner support to the benefit of PSG Tech, and will work passionately for the development of PSG Tech.
- Stimulate and foster active interest among alumni and friends to volunteer to support PSG Tech.
- Create and maintain a consistent flow of funds to achieve the vision.
- Secure, manage and disburse private funds to meet the objectives.